Is Beauty an Inside Job? Dr Dzung Price
For many people, your skin is your calling card. People tend to look first at someone’s face when meeting them. Outer beauty serves as a proxy of how healthy you are. Ultimately, your skin communicates messages about your health, your vibrancy and your youthfulness. When you are seriously fatigued, stressed, depressed or not eating properly, your skin also reflects this as more wrinkles, spotted, dotted and blemished. In fact, the skin does not lie. Inner health and outer beauty are inseparable. A clear complexion aglow with radiant inner beauty starts with healthy skin, and healthy skin begins within and works from the inside-out. Let’s face it: Skin sells.
However, beauty isn’t some vain and superficial pursuit designed to sell products, produce drool and make head turns. Beauty is actually precisely perceived, purposeful and rooted more in hard science than in abstract and random opinion. Evolution and society has pushed us to be more beautiful. And that’s why beauty serves as the foundation of our feelings, our happiness, and our existence. Beauty is almost always on everybody’s mind, consciously or not. It drives many of the decisions you
make about exercise and eating, new weight loss programmes, cosmetic procedures and it determines how you choose between that black skirt and the white pants.
At the end of the day, beauty – is health – good mental, physical and emotional health and vibrant energy. Beauty is about how we look, feel and how we define our lives. We radiate beauty when we feel good about ourselves, when we have strong self-esteem and a healthy, energetic existence that allows us to live a purposeful, authentic, spirit-rich life. Isn’t that what feeling beautiful is about – having passion for life and the energy to act out that passion?
Your Energy and Hormones in Crisis
We know what happens when there’s an energy crisis. Just think of a citywide blackout. One small problem can trigger a domino effect. Energy crisis in your body can play out in your body in many different ways, from having low energy, digestive problems, hair loss, hormonal imbalance, insomnia to high pain in muscles or joints, and it will certainly make you feel as beautiful as a wart-dotted hairless cat.
So what starts the process that steals your energy, beauty and vitality? What sets up the dominos and what causes your first domino to fall? Our body’s natural inclination is to heal, as long as we provide the right environment, building blocks and remove all interferences. I believe that all illness are due to excessive stress and tension in the body, whether physical, mental, emotional or spiritual. Some of the big physical causes that impact on your cellular energy capacity and outer beauty that need to be addressed are as follows:
- Hormonal Imbalance & Insulin Resistance: Stress cause increases in cortisol, which increases sugar in the bloodstream and insulin. Low thyroid or low adrenals can significantly impact on your energy levels as well as your beauty.
- Calcification: Calcification is one of the most pervasive, yet least understood conditions on the planet. Calcification is the major factor in why we age, why our joints feel stiff, why we have inflammation, and why we are tired. Most inorganic calcium supplements cause calcification. They are deposited in the body as sediment, and cause aging and do not benefit our bones. Get good calcium instead from green leafy vegetables sources (vegetables, pith of citrus fruits, carob, mesquite, wheatgrass, and raw dairy products if you have the enzymes to digest them). These sources are essential for detoxification, muscle relaxation, lowering tension and creating alkalinity. To increase our bone density, we need to consume the minerals silicon & magnesium, which can biologically transmutate into calcium in the bones, NOT calcium.
- Chronic Infections: Hidden viruses, fungus, parasites, bacteria can invade a weakened and stressed out body. Many people harbour hidden parasites and candida organisms unknowingly with very little symptoms apart from chronic low energy and a drawn out complexion. When in doubt, check it out.
- Sleep Problems: Adequate sleep is important for not only feeling beautiful, but allows you to secrete maximal growth hormone to rejuvenate and repair your cells, rests your immune system and refresh the neurotransmitters you have that normally suppress pain as well as refuels the energy tank.
- Sex Hormones: Studies clearly demonstrate that hormones such as oestrogen, progesterone, dhea and testosterone affect the texture and appearance of the skin, and an imbalance of these hormones results in complexion problems as well as a variety of health complaints.
- Toxins: Unfortunately, thousands of hidden toxins have crept silently into our homes invading our food, water, environment and personal care products. These toxins overwhelm our natural ability to detoxify and eliminate via excretory organs such as our gut, liver and kidneys, leading to cellular intoxication, chronic inflammation and chronic disease. Many toxins show up as hidden allergies and sensitivities in the body. Electromagnetic pollution from mobile phones, lap tops, power lines etc. has become an increasing source of hidden stress and a major factor in the development of many illnesses. Get aware and protected.
Struggles with unbalanced hormone levels, low energy, chronic pain, digestive issues can be a thing of the past. Addressing the underlying root cause of health issues has freed many people who have suffered from PMS, menopause, low thyroid condition, adrenal fatigue, endometriosis, polycystic disease, irritable bowels etc. gain control of their hormone levels, recharge their energy and vitality and reclaim their inner selves again.
Dr. Dzung Price.
Dr Dzung Price is a holistic integrative medical doctor, specializing in personal energy optimization, longevity strategies, nutrition, and detoxification. She is the author of “Your Allergy Free Child”, “7 Day Detox Guide”, “Younger, Healthier Skin at Any Age” and a contributing author to the textbook “General Practice: the Integrative Approach”. For energy boosting resources, tools, tips and strategies go to www.ChiHealthInnovations.com and www.BeyondGoodHealth.com